Need help in Charlotte

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toledoray7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some help and encouragement.

I had a position at Kroger in Ohio but decided to leave when my wife graduated and started a job as a physical therapist in the Charlotte, NC area. I have been out of work almost 3 weeks and am starting to get discouraged as I have nothing in the works as of now other than a few random applications.

I did a phone interview with Target 2 months ago and wasn't invited to the 2nd interview. I've interviewed twice with CVS, the first one told me after the fact that there were no openings available (why interview me?) and the 2nd told me they would keep my application on file but they are going with someone else.

Harris Teeter sounded interested in me as I have 3 years of EPRN (the computer system they are transitioning to) experience but I can't get their recruiter to email/call me back.

Am I screwed? Should I be patient? Or should I start looking to move again to whatever job I can get even though I just got here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

getting hired at cvs is super easy.....They usually hire anyone as long as they are breathing and have an active license.....perhaps your timing is bad, because right now a lot of new grads just got hired so there are not many openings.....wait like 4 to 6 months (enough time for new grads to quit, last year 4 out of the 5 new grads in my district quit within a year) and apply to cvs again....I guarantee you will get hired

Thanks for your reply. Do you like CVS? I have heard mixed things and I am pretty sure we only hear from the vocal minority here. Don't get me wrong at this point I'd work almost anywhere but I'd like to have a clear picture of what I'd be signing up for.