Need help making an informed decision: HES, Duquesne, or Dominican?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SnowBunny2427

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been in the application process to post-bacc programs for the past 5 months and its finally time to make a decision. I didn't get into all the schools I wanted, but I did get into some that I am considering. Any and all input is appreciated. I know there is an HES thread and I can search the individual schools; however, the information is random and doesn't allow for a direct comparison.

Of HES, Duquesne, and Dominican - which programs seems to be the best regarded? I'm taking everything into consideration...success rate, MCAT prep, cost of living, night classes vs day classes, overall cost, financial aid (duquesne allows you to enroll in grad classes to obtain a masters in health systems in order to gain graduate loans/funding) There seems to be a ton of information on HES but not so much on Duquesne or Dominican - is this indicative of HES being better? Has anyone complete programs at Duquesne or Dominican with positive results?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Also, Duquesne links to 2 schools..temple, which I don't qualify for and LECOM. If I could link with LECOM then I would perhaps be swayed to go that route...does anyone know the requirements and/or has anyone here used this linkage successfully?

HES is OUTSTANDING! last time i took classes there, tuition was extremely cheap. it's tough to beat cambridge when it comes to opportunities for pre-meds. hes is very well known and i've heard of people doing very well there. there's a reason why it is popular here at sdn. i'm not too familiar with the other two programs so unless they have a silver bullet, my vote goes for HES.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you common man! It's rare to hear an enthusiastic "yes!" for an academic program....it's encouraging!

Also...to those who have experienced a "glide" year, are you glad you had that? I initially wanted to avoid it, but now I can see why some people don't mind it.

I agree! It's nice to hear an enthusiastic "yes!" It's seems so rare! I've been looking at post bacc schools for Fall 2015, and so far, I'm leaning toward HES. SnowBunny, have you started your post bacc anywhere yet?