Need help on supplement essay!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AznGTOi3oi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing the suppliment applications for USC and it asks the question ..
What unique, personal qualities or life experinces will you bring to the USC school of pharmacy?

Ok i'm assuming this question is asking what are the things i have done in the past years or something that i am good at that will help or give me an advantage in the USC school of phamacy?

If i put this info on my personal statement on pharmcas, is it bad to just copy and paste that info on the USC supplement application?

i don't know what to do because i'm stump in what else to write!?

Members don't see this ad.

AznGTOi3oi said:
What unique, personal qualities or life experinces will you bring to the USC school of pharmacy?

Ok i'm assuming this question is asking what are the things i have done in the past years or something that i am good at that will help or give me an advantage in the USC school of phamacy?

If i put this info on my personal statement on pharmcas, is it bad to just copy and paste that info on the USC supplement application?

Tell em you know Zpacksux who is a USC c/o 95.. and how cool he is. They'll let you in.. red carpet and all. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
WVUPharm2007 said:
When you graduated college, I was 11 or 12. Haha, you're old.

You were probably younger than that. I graduated college in 1989.

But I'm having more fun at 39 than you ever had in your life... :thumbup:

ZpackSux said:
You were probably younger than that. I graduated college in 1989.

But I'm having more fun at 39 than you ever had in your life... :thumbup:

Jesus. Ok, I was 5 or 6. That makes you even older. Haha. And you probably ARE having more fun than me. You don't live in boring ass West Virginia and have pharmacist money to play with. Gimme time, Uncle Scrooge, gimme time.....

AznGTOi3oi said:

If they've read it once in your PS they probably don't want to read it again in their supplemental application.

Zpack should be ashamed - he was so very unhelpful....I wouldn't mention him if I were you ;)

WVU - we he's just bored - so ignore what he says!

Now...think about your target. This is a wealthy, private school in the heart of one of the worst parts of LA. I don't really know what their specific interest at the school is (I'm a UCSF grad) - look at their mission statement. That will give you a way to tailor your supplemental.

Also....look at the environment. Altho the tuition is high (& supposedly the alumni contribute greatly - Zpack - did you send your check?) their neighorhood is not very affluent. So..you have illnesses & exacerbating conditions which contribute to poor medication acquisition & compliance.

Do you have any experience with an immigrant population & the barriers they might have to overcome to obtain medical care &/or medications?

Do you have any experience with another language which may help you to communicate medication importance & usage with those who do not understand english?

Get the idea - expand on what the school's mission is & try to tailor what your strengths are to what the needs of their population might be - all the while acknowledging the benefits their education would give you in the greater career of pharmacy.

No matter what - do NOT cut & paste. As a pharmacist you need to be able to say the same thing in many different ways - learn early!

sdn1977 said:
Zpack should be ashamed - he was so very unhelpful....I wouldn't mention him if I were you ;)

WVU - we he's just bored - so ignore what he says!

Now...think about your target. This is a wealthy, private school in the heart of one of the worst parts of LA. I don't really know what their specific interest at the school is (I'm a UCSF grad) - look at their mission statement. That will give you a way to tailor your supplemental.

Also....look at the environment. Altho the tuition is high (& supposedly the alumni contribute greatly - Zpack - did you send your check?) their neighorhood is not very affluent. So..you have illnesses & exacerbating conditions which contribute to poor medication acquisition & compliance.

Do you have any experience with an immigrant population & the barriers they might have to overcome to obtain medical care &/or medications?

Do you have any experience with another language which may help you to communicate medication importance & usage with those who do not understand english?

Get the idea - expand on what the school's mission is & try to tailor what your strengths are to what the needs of their population might be - all the while acknowledging the benefits their education would give you in the greater career of pharmacy.

No matter what - do NOT cut & paste. As a pharmacist you need to be able to say the same thing in many different ways - learn early!

thanks for the feedback, yea I misinterpret the question, and thought of some ideas to answer it thats not even related to my PS. Thanks for your ideas it helped alot.