Need help paring down list of schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ticktock5051

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I’m hoping to get some help paring down my school list and feedback on my choices thus far. I think applying to 20 schools is reasonable and can’t seem to eliminate any at this point. I’m an Illinois resident. I graduated college last year as Phi Beta Kappa & magna cum laude with c3.85, s3.7. MCAT=37 (PS=13, V=12, BS=12). Of note, while in school I did NOT take Biochemistry, so that puts me out of the running at schools where it's required. I’m now working fulltime for an Organ Procurement Organization as a Tissue Recovery Technician.

Clinical Volunteering: Earned my EMT certification in 2010 and have done about 150 hours of ER clinical time between then and now. Also currently volunteering at a local hospital in the ICU (4 hrs/week)

Non-clinical volunteering: Did a Habitat for Humanity build trip freshman year and currently participate in a build each week now that I’ve graduated (4 hrs. week)

Schools:

Vanderbilt

Wash U

Mt. Sinai

Columbia

Wake Forest

Rochester

Albert Einstein

SLU

Georgetown

Albany

Pittsburg

Temple

UIC

SIU

Emory

BU

Penn State

Colorado

Thomas Jefferson

Tufts

Tulane

Rush

Loyola

UVM

EVMS or VCU

Are my choices reasonable? Which should I eliminate? Am I overlooking any?

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing wrong with aiming high. For your list, I suggest:

Vanderbilt
Wash U
Mt. Sinai
Columbia
Wake Forest
Rochester
Albert Einstein
SLU
Albany