Need help picking a DO school before Dec Deposit Deadline.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrimsonDolphinz

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been accepted to multiple schools and need help picking a good school. Please let me know your thoughts and any insight into what schools you guys would suggest. As of now, I am prioritizing cost and location but if theres a good school then I can consider.

My choices: ACOM, KCU (Joplin or KC), Burell FL campus, NSU (Tampa or Ft Lauderdale), LMU (Knoxville or harrogate), VCOM Auburn, KHSC Wichita, LECOM Bradenton, LECOM Erie, WVSOM, Upikeville so far

Members don't see this ad.

KCU-KC is the best on the list. I’m also partial ACOM though bc my buddy had a great experience there and matched his top choice for derm. Then again, Dothan is not for everyone, while Kansas City, of course, is a large metro area.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
KCU-KC is the best on the list. I’m also partial ACOM though bc my buddy had a great experience there and matched his top choice for derm. Then again, Dothan is not for everyone, while Kansas City, of course, is a large metro area.
Hey thank you so much! Could I PM you for more insight

Members don't see this ad :)
For the love of all creation, don't go to LMU

VCOM is solid. I have no idea on the others.

Reactions: 1 user
Why no LMU?
It's a scummy institution. They admit waaaay too many people, who they know they'll fail, and charge an exorbitant tuition (total cost of attendance approaches $400,000). If they keep filling the seats with bodies it doesn't matter that their graduation rate is horrendous.

I'm friends with a professor there- that person does their best, but they just don't have the resources for teaching med students that they should. Think like one anatomy cadaver for like 20 or 30 people that have to come in at different times. Not enough or quality preceptors your third year. That kind of thing.

Their match rate has got to be abysmal too. I'm sure they'll fudge the numbers on their website (most/all med schools do this, or at least my MD school does). Or maybe they just fail out everyone but the most qualified people. But when we get LMU students rotating out where I am, all the attendings roast them (they're clueless) and the students just feel sorry for them.

It's not quite a carribbean med school, but it's close. If LMU was my only acceptance, I'd avoid it at the risk of not matching after borrowing $350,000. But that's just me. But I've had LMU graduates and one professor tell me to run for the hills regarding their alma mater.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you
It's a scummy institution. They admit waaaay too many people, who they know they'll fail, and charge an exorbitant tuition (total cost of attendance approaches $400,000). If they keep filling the seats with bodies it doesn't matter that their graduation rate is horrendous.

I'm friends with a professor there- that person does their best, but they just don't have the resources for teaching med students that they should. Think like one anatomy cadaver for like 20 or 30 people that have to come in at different times. Not enough or quality preceptors your third year. That kind of thing.

Their match rate has got to be abysmal too. I'm sure they'll fudge the numbers on their website (most/all med schools do this, or at least my MD school does). Or maybe they just fail out everyone but the most qualified people. But when we get LMU students rotating out where I am, all the attendings roast them (they're clueless) and the students just feel sorry for them.

It's not quite a carribbean med school, but it's close. If LMU was my only acceptance, I'd avoid it at the risk of not matching after borrowing $350,000. But that's just me. But I've had LMU graduates and one professor tell me to run for the hills regarding their alma mater.
Thank you, I think ill cross it off my list as well as Burrell