Need help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zafarjan37

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, I just recently moved to california. I am a master in pharmacy and i recieved my degree in sofia, bulgaria in 1995. I have been here for more than 6 months now and i still have not found a way to work with the degree that i have becuase i don't know where to start and where to go. Can i start working here right away even as a technician pharmacist?? Or is there any special steps that i have to do?I already have work permition in us. If anyone can please give me any kind of help it will greatly be apreciated. Please and thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

hi first of all on what visa are u now, i dont think u can start st away, u have to take the FPGEE exam and when u qualify that - from there u can go on

cheers now

hello, I just recently moved to california. I am a master in pharmacy and i recieved my degree in sofia, bulgaria in 1995. I have been here for more than 6 months now and i still have not found a way to work with the degree that i have becuase i don't know where to start and where to go. Can i start working here right away even as a technician pharmacist?? Or is there any special steps that i have to do?I already have work permition in us. If anyone can please give me any kind of help it will greatly be apreciated. Please and thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

Hi there!

Welcome to California! I would suggest that you first contact the California Board of Pharmacy - I don't have their exact website address memorized, but it's fairly easy to look up on the internet. I believe that there will be more information for you there. There are many steps you must take and the website will outline those for you. I wouldn't try to call them - they don't ever return calls - but you should be able to download and print the information you need to get started. Best of luck!!

hello, i had a quick question about how to get started on getting ready for the pharmacy test. i undrestand that for all foreign pharmacists coming to the United States, there are several test that you have to take in order to be able to work. My question was how can i get ready for this test?
Where is the best place to get the books?
What is the best strategy of studying for the tests? Can you give me some info on the "Morris Cody"?
And does anyone know what's the average cost for the overall examinations?
I am getting ready for the June 2008 FPGEE test.
Thank you so much for all your help, you guys are the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello, i had a quick question about how to get started on getting ready for the pharmacy test. i undrestand that for all foreign pharmacists coming to the United States, there are several test that you have to take in order to be able to work. My question was how can i get ready for this test?
What is the best strategy of studying for the tests? Can you give me some info on the "Morris Cody"?

I'll answer one of your three questions. To be a licensed pharmacist in the US you need to pass

1. The FPGEE
2. The TOEFL IBT ($150)
3. The NAPLEX ($465)
4. The MPJE ($185)

Overall, it will take you a long time to pass all the requirements. One of the most troublesome exams for foreigners is the speaking section of the TOEFL IBT. Some people had to spend years just to pass the stupid speaking test. I suggest that you take the TOEFL ASAP as you don't have to pass the FPGEE first before taking the TOEFL.

Contact the board of pharmacy of the state in which you want to practice. Each state has slightly different requirements as far as foriegn grads are concerned.

Hi guys!
Thans for your helps,i had aquestion how to get ready for the exams?Which cours or books are mor-helpfull ,and what you guys know about "Morris Cody"?
Thank you so mach.