NEVADA MPJE - HELP PLEASE!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RXDOC1986

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to take NEVADA MPJE.

Background - GA Pharmacist for 33 years - Pharm.D. with Residency (yes they had them in the Stone Age)-Home Infusion, Oncology, Hospital clinical/staffing background - kinda aged-out of a horrible metro-Atlanta job market(or maybe it's me!). My last hospital job, I was the oldest staff pharmacist by at least 10 years. They could hire 2 new grads, and they did, for what they were paying me. Been a travel pharmacist (in-state) for over a year now. Working @COVID only Hospital. Looking at greener grass over the fence in Nevada. Looking at working another 6-8 years and then retiring in Las Vegas. The last time I took NAPLEX and Law (and our stupid wet lab and errors and omissions) was in 1986.

Purchased ProntoPass, , using QUIZLET. Have a copy of NEVADA Law @ 500 pages. What else do I need to do? Any input will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much what you need. The NV MPJE was a straightforward exam, no ridiculous tricks from my memory. There are a couple of deviations from the Schedule list, and there's a fairly involved section with unmonitored pharmacies (a big deal outside of Clark and Washoe county and surrounding areas).

I took the MPJE few years ago and now I am studying to get licensed in Hawaii. If you want to be fully prepared then you can study what I studied. The most important information is state law and I memorized almost everything in them except the things that manufacturers have to do to get licensed or relicensed. It is important to know what each health care provider can prescribe including the roles of the techs interns and the dr secretary and all the exceptions. For federal law you can just make summaries of the laws that were passed and what each one is about. For weed laws I just studied how many plants max and how many ounces max we can have per Hawaii law. For compounding, prontopass compounding information seems the best summary I seen online. Also for federal law, I studied misbranding/adulterated drugs/what is required on unit doses/what is required on OTC products including warnings/what are the colored books and how to use them. The pharmacist manual seems to contain a lot of good info for federal controls so I really like that manual which is found online. If you want a comprehensive federal law book you can use the book by Reese which covers topics like what each number of the NDC mean, how to bring a drug onto the market or OTC drug and the 4 phases of drug approval, the HIPPA breaches laws, how is a generic similar to a brand drug, how many doses can you bring non controls from mexico/canada at the boarder and how many controls can you bring and does it require a script? can you mail controls? the 3 types of devices and which one require premarket approval etc....

Here is how the MPJE will ask questions these days:
What is required to be on a prescription label for a control substance? Select all that apply.
A. Prescriber name
B. Prescriber phone number
C. Pharmacy phone number
D. NDC number
E. Warning that says " this prescription can't be transferred to another person"
Answer: A,C,E. Prescription labeling includes medication guides/handouts/any forms that get dispensed with the prescription.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, a rather important point, do I have to study up on USP 795/797/800????
Even the 500 page Nevada Law, is not clear as to yes or no.
Thanks again

Someone online said half of his test had questions about sterile hazardous compounding which scared me. Pronotopass compounding seems to cover the important information we need for the MPJE. I just read few articles online about this to see if they match prontopass and I just added little information on the beyond use dates for compounded products such as troches, ointments, creams/gels, and sterile/nonsterile immediate use compounds. It seems like hazardous compounding is part of the 85% of what is going to be on the MPJE so there is a high chance you will see questions about compounding.

Passed the NEVADA MPJE, on the first try! I was 100% certain that I had failed. Scheduled the exam back on 1/5 . Some very poor planning as it was first morning after 7 days of working at a very busy COVID only Regional Hospital. There were VERY few dates available.

Purchased ProntoPass, , using QUIZLET. Had a copy of NEVADA Law @ 500 pages. AND the Pharmacist DEA handbook. Cannot recall a single question out of the 120! More than 90% of the questions were multi-correct answers (ie A or A.B. or B.C.D or E) . About, maybe 70% Federal and 30% Nevada questions.

Now plans have changed, and staying put in GEORGIA.

Passed the NEVADA MPJE, on the first try! I was 100% certain that I had failed. Scheduled the exam back on 1/5 . Some very poor planning as it was first morning after 7 days of working at a very busy COVID only Regional Hospital. There were VERY few dates available.

Purchased ProntoPass, , using QUIZLET. Had a copy of NEVADA Law @ 500 pages. AND the Pharmacist DEA handbook. Cannot recall a single question out of the 120! More than 90% of the questions were multi-correct answers (ie A or A.B. or B.C.D or E) . About, maybe 70% Federal and 30% Nevada questions.

Now plans have changed, and staying put in GEORGIA.
Good job. I also took my MPJE in January and passed and I remember almost all my questions. This test is not right. They test on the most minute details about each topic.

Also getting ready to take the NV MPJE. This is the first MPJE that I am unable to find a decent study guide for. Any tips on what was most helpful out of the resources that you utilized to study? Currently reviewing the statutes.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi also getting ready to take NV MPJE. Is it really around 70% federal and did anyone get compounding questions?