Need help rank NY integrated vascular surgery programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3xmd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Full disclosure: I used to work in NYC in a different career before I went to med school. Because of this, I had zero desire to go back to NYC and even less of one to live there for 2 years with a young family. Ergo, I didn't apply to single program in that city.

NYU - Buddy of mine just graduated from there. Had a great experience. Full gamut of vascular surgery. He would happily go back there again if able. That's all I got.

Albany - Awesome program. This was super high on my rank list. Great volume. Tons of cases ranging from bread and butter to complex. You're gonna work your ass off, but that is exactly what you want. You know you're going to leave that place and be rock solid. They also do quite a bit of research actually. Tons of opportunities and they're always presenting at the big meetings. I don't think you'll regret going here. Another buddy of mine graduated from the CTS fellowship there and another from the integrated IR. All good things. Can't say enough good things about this program and I didn't even go there.

That's all I got. NYC is a very unique place and can be very rewarding. It just wasn't for me even though I'm thankful for the formative years I spent there. Good luck with the match. Cheers.

Reactions: 2 users
Full disclosure: I used to work in NYC in a different career before I went to med school. Because of this, I had zero desire to go back to NYC and even less of one to live there for 2 years with a young family. Ergo, I didn't apply to single program in that city.

NYU - Buddy of mine just graduated from there. Had a great experience. Full gamut of vascular surgery. He would happily go back there again if able. That's all I got.

Albany - Awesome program. This was super high on my rank list. Great volume. Tons of cases ranging from bread and butter to complex. You're gonna work your ass off, but that is exactly what you want. You know you're going to leave that place and be rock solid. They also do quite a bit of research actually. Tons of opportunities and they're always presenting at the big meetings. I don't think you'll regret going here. Another buddy of mine graduated from the CTS fellowship there and another from the integrated IR. All good things. Can't say enough good things about this program and I didn't even go there.

That's all I got. NYC is a very unique place and can be very rewarding. It just wasn't for me even though I'm thankful for the formative years I spent there. Good luck with the match. Cheers.

I know one of the guys doing the integrated track at nyu and he seems pretty happy.