Need help RE C8 radiculopathy and postfixed cervical plexus.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Can (A) C6-7 spondylosis cause injury to the center of the cord resulting in (B) C8 radiculopathy?

  • YES (I'll explain below in my comment).

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO (I'll explain below in my comment).

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAYBE (I'll explain below in my comment).

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DEPENDS on whether a postfixed brachial plexus is present.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DOES NOT DEPEND on whether a postfixed brachial plexus is present

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A postfixed brachial plexus has nothing to do with whether (A) and (B) corroborate each other.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Harper19050

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reviewing some material when I came across the following text:
"Neither cervical spondylosis at C6-7, nor an EMG that suggested a C8 radiculopathy corroborate[d] each other."​
But then someone wrote (about the quote above):
"That does not take into account that a lower cervical radiculopathy can result from injury to the center of the spinal cord, or could be explained for by a post-fixed brachial plexus."​
I am confused.
Anyone familiar with this?
Thanks in advance of for your help.
Sincerely,
Harper19050