Need Help With Deciding What Schools To Apply To!

Started by Climberak
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Climberak

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Facts:
-MCAT: PS-12 VR-8 BS-10 WS-M (30M)
-GPA: 3.77 overall, 3.78 science (upward trend)
-Clinical Experience: One year volunteering at an ER and Shadowing
-7 months research
-EC's: Special Olympics Coach, Big Brothers Big Sisters (as well as some hobbies).

My list:
Tulane
Baylor
University of Nevada, Reno (I'm a resident)
Tufts
Mount Sinai
Georgetown
Creighton
Rush
Rosiland Franklin
Jefferson
St. Louis
Emory
Vanderbilt

I had these schools on my list before I got my MCAT results back. I didn't do as well as I expected so I'm wondering if I should make any changes. What should I drop, what should I add? Thanks!
 
Last edited:
You're from Nevada? That's awesome! (born there, have family there)

There are a bunch of NY schools that you're a pretty good fit for, if you want to go there - Einstein, Columbia, Cornell (though the latter two have been pointed out to me to be research heavy). Pennsylvania has several too, like UPenn, UPitt, etc. Your numbers are pretty good. The list is looking good so far though!