Need help with finding Ms/PhD or Doctorate degree offering schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

In2JG

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so to make a long story short, i was premed, but found out that i was so-so in the hardcore sciences such as organic chem, chem, and biochem, i studied long hours for all those classes but could find no interest in them. the only reason i was doing premed was for my parents as they are let's just say asian, and strict, and said that nothing makes more money than an MD. that's great for the MD's, yes, but not everyone can be an MD, and my path does not have MD on it, for now. in any case, i'm pursuing speech pathology. im graduating Fall 2011 from my school, and i'm planning to take pre-reqs by cross registering at another school while still at school (so another 2 semesters) along with taking them in summer and winter sessions. I know what the pre-reqs are, and have a general outline of them, and i do know that not all grad schools require them.

ok, here's where i need help: what is the average GRE score for students accepted into the program?
When should I take the GRE if i wish to enter grad school by Fall 2012?
When should i start the whole application process (i have at least ten schools in mind)..and lastly (for now) what schools would you experts say have a combined MS/PhD degree in New England only, and/or the SLPD degree?

It's pretty hard to find the SLPD nowadays. Unfortunately, my parents want me to pursue the SLPD degree when there are only 2 schools offering it. They dont understand that the MS/MA and PhD program is what's popular right now... NOVA has SLPD with combined MS degree, but they say this is a 6 yr program, and i think that program is a bit quirky? Idk.

Thanks for the help, in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

You should look into the CScD program at University of Pittsburgh if you want a clinical doctorate in speech-language pathology.

yes i sent the contact person an email. thanks for the info!

You should look into the CScD program at University of Pittsburgh if you want a clinical doctorate in speech-language pathology.