need help with gold and pfm crowns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drsmily

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys ...i need to read up on crown preps for gold and pfm crown...its been so long!..what material do i read and where do i get it..plz help im so confused with all of this!!!!!!!!!!!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys ...i need to read up on crown preps for gold and pfm crown...its been so long!..what material do i read and where do i get it..plz help im so confused with all of this!!!!!!!!!!!:scared:

I read the theory from Schillingburg - its easy to interpret since there is a diagram for each step.After understanding the steps, I just practised hard.
If you live in an area where theres a dental school around try getting a manual from the students there. It may help. Goodluck....

I used color atlas for tooth preparations by shillingburg.It not the same as the shillingburg text(which is good as well).More emphasis on all bench exam preps.gold crowns/PFMs/3-4th crown prep/7-8th preps etc...Most impoertantlypractice till u are super confident about all the preps on the exam. We all know what preps are asked in diffferent schools.You may feel having been outta practice for a while may make it difficult.. but it wont be too hard to get back your rhythm. just stick around.