New Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2004
Visit site
Hello, my name is Nadia. I recently moved to the U.S. from Russia and I had
completed 4 1/2 years of medical school when I left Russia.

I am now looking for a way to get into Medical School and reuse some of my
education from Russia without starting all over again.

I am looking for an organization, a consultant, or someone that can point me
in the right direction. Applications for the fall semester are due now and
I am unsure of which way to go. I am also curious if I could apply for a
Masters Degree in Biology and then proceed from there into Medical school.

I have thought of some options, but I am not sure which ones I can pursue:

1. Start from the beginning with a Bachelor's
2. Complete a Bachelor's degree hoping that the school will at least
transfer 60 of credits.
3. Go into a Master's program if I can find a school that will accept my
Bachelor's from AACRAO.
4. Find a post-baccalaureate pre-medical program. - I don't know much about
this one.

I had my transcripts evaluated by Foreign Consultants INC, a member of the
American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
(AACRAO) association. Foreign Consultants INC evaluated and translated my
transcripts and I received a bachelor's degree in Medical Science with a GPA
of 3.81, but I am wondering if I will be able to use the Bachelor's that I
received from AACRAO.

I have contacted some of the medical schools in the area and they tell me
that they need 90 college credits to be completed in the U.S. for

I have heard a lot about pre-medical schools and how they prepare you for
medical schools. I am scared to enroll into a pre-medical college and then
have the medical school not accept my Bachelors.

please give me some advise and point me in the right direction?




Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
Visit site
Hey Nadia, you completed 4 1/2 years of med school in Russia but is it correct to assume that you did not receive your medical degree? If you did get your med degree then I was under the impression that anyone with a medical degree from a foreign country only had to pass the USMLE boards. Since passing the boards would license you as a physician to practice in the US.

Sorry, I don't have more information to offer if you haven't received your med degree
About the Ads