Need help with picking schools!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothMcToothface

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am a junior at the University of Utah with like a 3.9 cumulative GPA and a 3.8 science GPA. I just took the DAT and got a 24AA. For a quick synopsis, I've TA'd for o-chem, have 200 dental shadowing/experience hours, 150 volunteer hours, clinical research experience and (what I think will be) good letters of rec from my dentist, my o-chem and microbio professors, and a research leader.

I really need help on picking which schools to apply to. I know I have good numbers and will get in places, but I have so many questions! How do I go about picking schools? How many should I apply to (is 5 good?)?

I appreciate any help you guys have to offer in narrowing my school search! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on what you are looking for in a school. Clinical, research, specializing, etc. With your stats, you should definitely apply to prestigious + affordable schools like UCLA, UCSF, etc..

You have awesome stats. However, I would apply to a couple more than 5 just in case (you definitely don't need to go and apply to like 10-15). I would get the ADEA guidebook and start there.

Members don't see this ad :)
With your stats, you should definitely apply to prestigious + affordable schools like UCLA, UCSF, etc..
33.gif

You can apply anywhere you want to. You're in the top % of applicants.