Need help with schools: 3.94 / 512 meh ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blazerplayer1717

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! A little background - I am applying this cycle and am looking for schools to add to my current list. I have a 3.94 GPA and a 512 MCAT majoring in Bio and Sociology (gotta spice things up a bit)

About 400 hours of independent molecular biology research - correlates to one full school year although I quit recently since I could not stand bench research. Before starting independent research I spent about 700 hours as a lab aide in the same lab.

Summer after freshman year I worked as a waiter - about 500 hours if that counts for anything

200 ED volunteering hours

30 hours shadowing internal medicine

40 hours volunteer at local nonprofit

Several academic positions within my fraternity

4 semesters TA gen chem lab and 1 semester of TA o chem lecture.

I am in IL resident currently thinking about applying to:
Albany
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
GW
Georgetown
USC Keck
Loyola
Mayo
Rush
SLU
SIU
Tufts
Tulane
University of Illinois
Miami
Wake Forest
Thomas Jefferson

Any other ideas/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!