Need help with studying for PCAT

Started by ttj01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ttj01

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So for the past 8 month or so up to November 2016 I have been busy after work studying for the PCAT and trying to improve my score. I stopped trying to study and take the exams so far since I was applying for schools. But I question if my scores are good to be accepted seeing as it was average to begin with and only improved marginally.

I have taken the PCAT 3 times so far, once in Jan 2015 after they changed to scaled scoring, then in Sept 2016, Nov 2016.

Here are my stats for the NOV 2016
68-412 Composite
66-415 Chemical Processes
72-413 Quantitative Reasoning
58-400 Critical Reading
69-418 Biological Process
4.0 Writing

Jan 2015 score - scaled
60-408 Composite
22-389 Chemical Processes
62-407 Quantitative Reasoning
82-415 Critical Reading
73-421 Biological Processes
4.5 Writing

The critical reading and bio process seems as if I had gotten worse because of the scaling. Would schools see this as a negative? Also I feel as if I am not taking in the study materials as much as I should; currently using Kaplan 2016, Dr. Collins 2016 before the June update, and bought 3 of the practice tests.
 
Can you even take it a 4th time without special authorization? You might want to look into that. Are you applying for this upcoming cycle or?
 
Its the 5th time that I would need special authorization. I have already applied to the current cycle 2016 to 2017.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I had friends who said Dr. Collins's Study guide is very helpful. Even I thought so, it's very detailed. I bought it used from someone and now I don't need it anymore. Willing to sell it for $130 if anyone needs it.
 
Hi if you are looking to buy PCAT materials I have the most recent dr collins and some additional kaplan stuff. I'm willing to sell all of my materials for cheap. If you are interested message me.