Need help with studying for PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ttj01

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for the past 8 month or so up to November 2016 I have been busy after work studying for the PCAT and trying to improve my score. I stopped trying to study and take the exams so far since I was applying for schools. But I question if my scores are good to be accepted seeing as it was average to begin with and only improved marginally.

I have taken the PCAT 3 times so far, once in Jan 2015 after they changed to scaled scoring, then in Sept 2016, Nov 2016.

Here are my stats for the NOV 2016
68-412 Composite
66-415 Chemical Processes
72-413 Quantitative Reasoning
58-400 Critical Reading
69-418 Biological Process
4.0 Writing

Jan 2015 score - scaled
60-408 Composite
22-389 Chemical Processes
62-407 Quantitative Reasoning
82-415 Critical Reading
73-421 Biological Processes
4.5 Writing

The critical reading and bio process seems as if I had gotten worse because of the scaling. Would schools see this as a negative? Also I feel as if I am not taking in the study materials as much as I should; currently using Kaplan 2016, Dr. Collins 2016 before the June update, and bought 3 of the practice tests.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you even take it a 4th time without special authorization? You might want to look into that. Are you applying for this upcoming cycle or?

Its the 5th time that I would need special authorization. I have already applied to the current cycle 2016 to 2017.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I had friends who said Dr. Collins's Study guide is very helpful. Even I thought so, it's very detailed. I bought it used from someone and now I don't need it anymore. Willing to sell it for $130 if anyone needs it.

Hi if you are looking to buy PCAT materials I have the most recent dr collins and some additional kaplan stuff. I'm willing to sell all of my materials for cheap. If you are interested message me.