Need help with which school to go?

Started by bola18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bola18

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I applied to pharmacy schools for the class of 2018 and I got accepted into three schools but I don't know which one to pick yet. I got accepted to Touro college of pharmacy NY, Fairleigh Dickinson Uni. NJ, & Ohio Northern Uni. I would really appreciate if you give me some hint of which school would you pick if you were in my position. Thanks a lot
 
1. Pick by price

2. If prices are the same, pick by year established (in this case, ONU wins -- it has the best reputation of these three, so it's not a bad pick, other than the outrageous price tag)
 
I live in NJ thus, paying for board in ONU plus regular tuition will leave me in huge debt by the end of the four years. Thus, I think about omitting ONU and just focus on Touro NY vs. Fairleigh Dickinson Uni (NJ).
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah ONU has the best reputation. Both Touro College and Fairleigh just started their Pharmacy program, 2008 and even more recently for Fairleigh, so do it based on preference I guess since you've already narrowed it down. Fairleigh as a university itself is well known in NJ not sure about the Pharmacy program since they just opened it. I do remember that toll to NY from NJ is like $13+ at peak hours if that helps 🙂
 
If you can commute to home from any of these schools, pick that one. Not having to pay board plus having family support close by would help A LOT.
 
If you can commute to home from any of these schools, pick that one. Not having to pay board plus having family support close by would help A LOT.

Closest is Fairleigh Dickinson Uni., its only 35 minutes from home, thus, The good thing about it is that I won't have to move anywhere from my home. Besides, the school offers 8 types of master degrees with the PharmD as well so I can make it in 4 years with a dual PharmD with a masters which I guess gives some privilege upon graduation.
 
Last edited:
I have been asking a lot of people and taking many opinions including pharmacists from my work and I can see that everyone is giving me the same answer that Fairleigh Dickinson Uni. is my best choice. Thus, I will just turn down both Ohio Northern Uni. & Touro NY and go with FDU
 
I have been asking a lot of people and taking many opinions including pharmacists from my work and I can see that everyone is giving me the same answer that Fairleigh Dickinson Uni. is my best choice. Thus, I will just turn down both Ohio Northern Uni. & Touro NY and go with FDU

No, you would be making a big mistake. Ohio Northern is better established compared to the other two by a clear margin. In addition FDU is a new school. I'm not even sure if it's accredited yet.