1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Need help...

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by AF1892, Aug 31, 2001.

1. AF1892

AF1892 Member
    7+ Year Member

Can anyone here please help me decide between these two sentences?

1.) I look forward to continuing this experience throughout my medical training, in which I will be placed in the position of both student and teacher.

2.) I look forward to continuing this experience throughout my medical training, in which I will be both student and teacher.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Any suggestions?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ludy

Ludy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I like the 2nd one. You don't need the extra words for explanation.

4. Smurfette

Smurfette Antagonized by Azrael
    Administrator Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I agree, the second one sounds the best.

Just a suggestion if you are feeling a bit stuck (since I don't know the rest of the surrounding context, please take this with a grain of salt): change the 'in which' to another phrase to sound smoother/more professional.

For example:

I look forward to continuing this experience throughout my medical training, thus serving roles as both student and teacher.

or

I look forward to continuing this experience throughout my medical training, during which I can be both student and teacher.

or

I look forward to continuing this experience throughout my medical training, wherein I will be both student and teacher.

That's just my two cents...but definitely go with #2 over #1, as #1 is a bit long-winded just to get your point across.
    :)

smurfette

5. Jessica N.

less is definitely more. how about this:

I look forward to continuing my role as both student and teacher during medical training.

it might be nice to append 'and beyond' since your education will continue after medical school.

good luck.