Need help...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AF1892

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone here please help me decide between these two sentences?

1.) I look forward to continuing this experience throughout my medical training, in which I will be placed in the position of both student and teacher.

2.) I look forward to continuing this experience throughout my medical training, in which I will be both student and teacher.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I like the 2nd one. You don't need the extra words for explanation.

I agree, the second one sounds the best.

Just a suggestion if you are feeling a bit stuck (since I don't know the rest of the surrounding context, please take this with a grain of salt): change the 'in which' to another phrase to sound smoother/more professional.

For example:

I look forward to continuing this experience throughout my medical training, thus serving roles as both student and teacher.

or

I look forward to continuing this experience throughout my medical training, during which I can be both student and teacher.

or

I look forward to continuing this experience throughout my medical training, wherein I will be both student and teacher.

That's just my two cents...but definitely go with #2 over #1, as #1 is a bit long-winded just to get your point across.
:)

smurfette

less is definitely more. how about this:

I look forward to continuing my role as both student and teacher during medical training.

it might be nice to append 'and beyond' since your education will continue after medical school.

good luck.