Need Help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverstorm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok... i'm 15 and have been trying 2 get six pack abs for so long and it doesnt work. I've tried the abs diet, and weight awtchers. I weight about 150lbs and i have been to the point where my body fat % has fallen below 9% and they still did not show? so my question is how do you get a six pack? is it a matter of gaining weight or losing weight? Does exercise matter? any help would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

silverstorm said:
ok... i'm 15 and have been trying 2 get six pack abs for so long and it doesnt work. I've tried the abs diet, and weight awtchers. I weight about 150lbs and i have been to the point where my body fat % has fallen below 9% and they still did not show? so my question is how do you get a six pack? is it a matter of gaining weight or losing weight? Does exercise matter? any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,

Excercise is the ONLY way you can get a six-pack. Unless you regularly work your abdominal muscles, you can lose all the weight you want and you still won't have a six-pack. That's like wanting to get huge biceps by losing weight. What you need to do is find an excercise routine that is specifically targeted to bulk up abs; the best would be to use an ab excercise machine that lets you do crunches against a weight -- flexing against resistance is the best way to bulk up those abs. Having said that, you still need to watch your diet, since having a six pack underneath a layer of fat defeats the pruporse, but you don't need to go crazy. Sounds like you are already at a pretty good body weight -- so just hit the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.