Need info about Albany College of Pharmacy!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

humbleRx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just send out my deposit for Albany accelerated program. I don't want to go for another school interview. So if you have any kind of information about the school would be helpful. Especially, about how school run, attrition rate, anything that I should be aware of. Thank you very much in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I get the same information? Thanks!

I would appreciate if someone sent me this information as well. Thank you very much!

I would also appreciate this info since I just sent my deposit last week. Thanks.

can we all keep contact together to make a network since I heard we have to study in group. Thanks!

Basically, the attrition rate is 32% over the past five years as stated in their student manual. 2.0 is the grade required to pass. If you get below 2.0 for each two semesters averaged, then you are dismissed. Most people leave of their volition rather then getting dismissed. Oh yeah, if you get below a 2.0 in your first semester, then you're out too.

Faculties are nice if you approach them and will try to make you understand the material, but they don't care very much if you pass or fail the course. People in the registrar are VERY mean except for the associate dean, who is the most helpful guy. Many people have the same thought as me. There are even people claiming that some professors are deliberately making the students failing out. However, the admissions office is very nice and ironically, they are the ones who solved a few of my issues, lol.

Everything I said in the second paragraph is based on my opinions. You might find people there to be much better or worse than how I feel.