Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

need info on admissions.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by prajakta, Apr 16, 1999.

1. prajakta

prajakta New Member

well, I,m a premed student from India, and if anyone out there has any idea of the exact admission procedures for international students, please let me know. Also, can I join a medical college without prior education in the U.S?
    If so, does any one know the colleges accepting foreign students without prior education there?
    Please, if anyone has any info regarding the admissions, mail me at : [email protected]

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RC

RC Member

Honestly, i don't think that a blanket statement on admissions criteria could accurately describe all med schools. you're best bet is to try and visit the homepages of each program you're interested in and see their admissions requirements. most schools will have e-mail addresses to write for more information. i have to say that i think it will be most difficult to enter a u.s. med program without attending a u.s. or canadian undergrad program. good luck, rene

4. adrenalitis

adrenalitis Member

I know it is pretty hard if you don't have citizenship. Right now is not a good political climate for immigrants in our country.