Need info on MUSC Charleston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drugofchoice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Ive been a silent reader on these forums, and theyve helped me a lot over the past years. I've spent most of my time in these past few weeks stressing, thinking and re-thinking over my ROL and still cant come up with my final list. I had a few questions regarding MUSC in particular though.

There were a few things that were not mentioned on their website, and I was wondering if anyone, particularly residents had more info on them.

1. I know that the fellowship to gen peds ratio is 50/50, but where do residents usually go for fellowship?

2. Ive heard a lot of great things about the program, and that its a hidden gem. But these were posts from many years prior on this forum. Can anyone attest if the program is still great and if so has it become better known outside of the south?

Thank youu :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. Ive been a silent reader on these forums, and theyve helped me a lot over the past years. I've spent most of my time in these past few weeks stressing, thinking and re-thinking over my ROL and still cant come up with my final list. I had a few questions regarding MUSC in particular though.

There were a few things that were not mentioned on their website, and I was wondering if anyone, particularly residents had more info on them.

1. I know that the fellowship to gen peds ratio is 50/50, but where do residents usually go for fellowship?

2. Ive heard a lot of great things about the program, and that its a hidden gem. But these were posts from many years prior on this forum. Can anyone attest if the program is still great and if so has it become better known outside of the south?

Thank youu :)

I read the interview impression on here too and had very low expectations for the program. However, they made TONS of changes to the program as far as chairman, pd, etc. My issue is that they still use paper progress notes and h and ps on inpatient. Hope this helps. Good luck with everything!:thumbup: