Need info on SGU and Ross

Started by KBPRO86
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KBPRO86

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im thinking of applying to these schools in case i dont make it into U.S D.O program....what G.P.A/MCAT is needed for acceptance..i understand that you can do the first 2 years in caribbean, then do your last 2 years (clinicals) in the U.s.... how do students that get in pay for their education, do they get financial aid?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Basically a pulse, a body temperature above ambient, and a decent credit rating. :laugh:

are you McGillGrad or you just plagiarized on his saying:meanie:

to answear OP's question go to www.valuemd.com
It's the best place to find out about Caribbean schools from the source---> students who go there.
And despite everything ppl say it is not that easy to get into the top 4 especially Saba got very competetive since there were very good matches in the past few years(including neurosurgery twice) and since the USMLE pass rate is 93.
I say if you had no luck within the US definetly try Caribbean. On average you need 24 MCAT and 3.0+ GPA to get in there though I know ppl who got in with 2.9 GPA but they had like 32 on their MCAT. The only way to find out is to apply.
:luck:
 
are you McGillGrad or you just plagiarized on his saying
Nope....that's not me......

Just FYI: Personally, I'll go to Ireland for med school before I go to the Caribbean

Ranking of options (my opinion):
MD ----> DO ----> Irish/UK schools ------> Caribbean -----> Eastern Europe (Poland, etc)
 
Nope....that's not me......

Just FYI: Personally, I'll go to Ireland for med school before I go to the Caribbean

Ranking of options (my opinion):
MD ----> DO ----> Irish/UK schools ------> Caribbean -----> Eastern Europe (Poland, etc)

if i had to make this choice i would go to Saba (though i want DO and will do everything in my powers to get in there so i can learn OMM). But if i was not getting in for like 3 years in the row then i guess I wouldn't want to waste anymore time.
Caribbean top 4 schools have one advantage over all others---> US clinicals and possibility of practice in all 50 states.

Ok now back to MCAT studying so i do not have to write this kind of thread in one year from now :laugh: