• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

KBPRO86

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
im thinking of applying to these schools in case i dont make it into U.S D.O program....what G.P.A/MCAT is needed for acceptance..i understand that you can do the first 2 years in caribbean, then do your last 2 years (clinicals) in the U.s.... how do students that get in pay for their education, do they get financial aid?

About the Ads

dr.kicia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2003
where the heart is***
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Basically a pulse, a body temperature above ambient, and a decent credit rating. :laugh:

are you McGillGrad or you just plagiarized on his saying:smuggrin:

to answear OP's question go to www.valuemd.com
It's the best place to find out about Caribbean schools from the source---> students who go there.
And despite everything ppl say it is not that easy to get into the top 4 especially Saba got very competetive since there were very good matches in the past few years(including neurosurgery twice) and since the USMLE pass rate is 93.
I say if you had no luck within the US definetly try Caribbean. On average you need 24 MCAT and 3.0+ GPA to get in there though I know ppl who got in with 2.9 GPA but they had like 32 on their MCAT. The only way to find out is to apply.
:luck:

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2005
A bar room in Mombasa drinking gin
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
are you McGillGrad or you just plagiarized on his saying
Nope....that's not me......

Just FYI: Personally, I'll go to Ireland for med school before I go to the Caribbean

Ranking of options (my opinion):
MD ----> DO ----> Irish/UK schools ------> Caribbean -----> Eastern Europe (Poland, etc)

dr.kicia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2003
where the heart is***
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Nope....that's not me......

Just FYI: Personally, I'll go to Ireland for med school before I go to the Caribbean

Ranking of options (my opinion):
MD ----> DO ----> Irish/UK schools ------> Caribbean -----> Eastern Europe (Poland, etc)

if i had to make this choice i would go to Saba (though i want DO and will do everything in my powers to get in there so i can learn OMM). But if i was not getting in for like 3 years in the row then i guess I wouldn't want to waste anymore time.
Caribbean top 4 schools have one advantage over all others---> US clinicals and possibility of practice in all 50 states.

Ok now back to MCAT studying so i do not have to write this kind of thread in one year from now :laugh:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.