Need info on these programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pedsthisyear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey..i have have interviews at Icahn school of medicine Mount sinai Elmhurst Peds program and Woodhull Pediatrics program NY.
I hear some very bad and some ok reviews about these programs. It would be great if you guys could tell me somethin yu nw abt these programs

Members don't see this ad.

question: is the mt.sinai main program different than the elmhurst program? i'm confused. i got an interview at the main program, i think (kravis children's).

The Sinai Elmhurst program is different from the main Sinai program (Kravis Children's). Sinai Elmhurst is based at the city hospital in Queens and for the most part is made up of FMG's. Sinai Elmhurst residents do spend some time rotating at Kravis on the floors and in the PICU though, working alongside the residents in the main program, and they also have access to some subspecialty electives at Sinai. I'm not sure if other FMG-friendly programs have the same access to an academic medical center like Sinai so I would imagine that's a perk of the Elmhurst program...

Also FYI - residents in the main Sinai program also spend a short amount of time out at Elmhurst (I think 1-2 months over the course of the 3 years) to get the experience of working in a city hospital. They spend a similar amount of time out at a community hospital in NJ to get that experience as well.