Need Info on TUW-MFT program Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SWgrad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All!

I have searched endlessly for any information or reviews regarding Touro University Worldwide's online MFT program. Not only have I not found much info about the program but there is minimal information or reviews about the institution all together. It is regionally accredited that much I know. And I did find some small notations stating that the school is reputable-but that was mostly referencing their law and medical programs.
I've read horror stories about certain programs or "professional psych schools"(re: latter I don't think TUW is a prof psych school) being nothing more than diploma mills or once they receive your money you can't reach them anymore for (whatever) question or assistance is needed or that some professors are lax and uninterested or uncommunicative.
Just trying to be proactive and choose the best/fit choice possible without falling into any of the above traps and getting screwed :)
Unfortunately I can't attend a bricks and mortar...
Many Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All!

I have searched endlessly for any information or reviews regarding Touro University Worldwide's online MFT program. Not only have I not found much info about the program but there is minimal information or reviews about the institution all together. It is regionally accredited that much I know. And I did find some small notations stating that the school is reputable-but that was mostly referencing their law and medical programs.
I've read horror stories about certain programs or "professional psych schools"(re: latter I don't think TUW is a prof psych school) being nothing more than diploma mills or once they receive your money you can't reach them anymore for (whatever) question or assistance is needed or that some professors are lax and uninterested or uncommunicative.
Just trying to be proactive and choose the best/fit choice possible without falling into any of the above traps and getting screwed :)
Unfortunately I can't attend a bricks and mortar...
Many Thanks in advance!

I've been doing some research into this school's program as well. I have yet to find any major red flags, but I do share many of your same concerns. It being several years later, I was wondering if you or any other members had found out anything about Touro?

The Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) program at Touro University Worldwide is approved by the California Board of Behavior Sciences (BBS), and is designed so that graduates are eligible for MFT Licensure in the State of California (and most other states) without requiring any additional coursework.

As far as I'm seeing, there are only good things and reviews about their MFT program. Keep in mind that they don't prepare you at all for state licensure in the form of exam prep. I was told that you have to do that by yourself and it's your internship that helps with that (I guess for the hands-on experience). Here's the best site I've found for exam prep when the time comes: aatbs com