Need input from Midwestern Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamthedj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was hoping some students that are currently attending Midwestern could respond to this thread and let me know how you guys feel about:

1. Faculty
2. Students
3. School Culture
4. How challenging the program is
5. anything else you would like to say about your school.

Thanks for your input!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I was hoping some students that are currently attending Midwestern could respond to this thread and let me know how you guys feel about:

1. Faculty
2. Students
3. School Culture
4. How challenging the program is
5. anything else you would like to say about your school.

Thanks for your input!!

you rang? :D

1. great people, more like mentors than bosses. our basic sciences faculty are the ish! they know more about what's on our boards than ANYONE else on campus. they research the living heck out of our boards (within their respective disciplines)

2. well obviously they are the greatest students, peers, and friends to have ever walked through the entrence of Glendale Hall!

3.very inclusive, not at all exclusive. different crowds but no "cliques". fun and friendly i'd say.

4. i think it's tough but fair. impossible to fail if you try at all. easy to pass but really tough to dominate is how i'd say it

5. you should know that we're big on gold restorations, systems based learning, our 4 year ethics curriculum (future classes will most likely be offered an optional masters degree if they wanna band out a thesis 4th year), a brand new clinic that is sick with it (cone CT, 240 ops, cerac, implants, and your own chair 4th year), the campus is beautiful and expanding, dr. simonsen authored a famous paper on sealents...read it, evidence based dentistry, mustache march, the odontoblast (out prom yes thats right we rock a prom complete with red carpet entrance,open bar, and afterparty), awesome breakfasts and crappy lunches, tons of intermural sports, former deans as faculty (MWU, VCU, and Tennessee), and much much more.

hope this helps!

+1 to what Oracle said. To add from a D1 perspective, the D2s really help us out. They sold us their used textbooks and study materials for the boards from the first year, held waxing workshops the first 2 terms before each practical to help us out and give us advice on how to improve, and are in general very helpful and friendly. The faculty and staff are great too. The only thing I would change about MWU is the cost to attend...It's expensive!

Thanks a lot for the input guys. Your truly putting gold into my hands. I would love to hear more from anyone. Thanks again!