Need literature- first year dental student

Started by ecap707
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ecap707

Dental Student
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I just got into dental school and I'm looking for some good books to buy to prepare for my first year. Are there any that would be good for an entering student? Or any websites that give access to articles or something? Any help would be great!
 
Hi everyone. I just got into dental school and I'm looking for some good books to buy to prepare for my first year. Are there any that would be good for an entering student? Or any websites that give access to articles or something? Any help would be great!

The books you'll need depend on what is prescribed as per your course outline. You can check the syllabus online and start your reading there.

Bear in mind, the books are expensive. There are no easy ways to afford the cost of books when you're in school but 2 things that helped me were:
- buying books 2nd hand (off of ebay instead of the school store)
- sharing books where possible

Best of luck.