need online and available lectures/resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glamqueen

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm at a PBL school, and I was hoping to find out if anyone knows of any good websites that host lectures from their school (or others) or any other great resources that helped...

I am using the immuno lectures off University of South Carolina (so glad you guys have these open and posted!)...is there anything else that people on a PBL track are finding useful?

I'm most scared about neuro in the spring, but I'm really open to any resource suggestions/links/websites/links to your school lectures...I'm doing well in school, but I'm finding this component secondarily to my PBL group and personal study to really help me, so I figured - might as well ask and see what else is out there!

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at a PBL school, and I was hoping to find out if anyone knows of any good websites that host lectures from their school (or others) or any other great resources that helped...

I am using the immuno lectures off University of South Carolina (so glad you guys have these open and posted!)...is there anything else that people on a PBL track are finding useful?

I'm most scared about neuro in the spring, but I'm really open to any resource suggestions/links/websites/links to your school lectures...I'm doing well in school, but I'm finding this component secondarily to my PBL group and personal study to really help me, so I figured - might as well ask and see what else is out there!

Thanks in advance!

Most of our stuff is closed, but we all use this website for extra Path questions and labs: http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/webpath.html

Coincidentally - that would be my path professor who wrote that site.

I just outed myself, but then again - I do like my school, so it is ok.

I am just one of those people who likes to have extra resources.
Webpath is pretty awesome.

:)

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks in advance!

Most medical school lectures are going to be proprietary and for students at that particular school. You would do better to find some detailed outline-type books or make your own based on the topics that you are reviewing. At our school, it is an honor code violation to post lectures on line and most are on Blackboard which is only available to students who are registered and enrolled in the course.

If neuro is a worrying you, High Yield Neuro is great as is Neurology and Neurosurgery Illustrated. Both of these books have more than you will need. For Neuroanatomy, a good atlas is mandatory.

I'll look into them. I'm definitely a user of board resources already! I really like practice questions.

Yeah, our resources are closed too (except for Webpath coincidentally, which I guess a lot of other schools' students use - cool), but some schools do have open learning experiences (literally made available by the school - not students), so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. This website has had great suggestions for things so far!

Thanks again!

Anyone was following this and was hoping for suggestions similar to what I was looking for (obviously legal and noncopyright violated/honor code things) - I did discover the other day that there is a guy who posts on Youtube lecturing on the Robbins path book. They aren't bad lectures either...

Check it out!

have you listened to Goljan's pathology lectures yet? i'm not sure what the url is but if you search for it, it should be easy to find. everyone at my pbl who listens to them loves them.