Need Re-Applicant Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mickieg1029

Reaction score
Hi Guys! I have posted a similar question to before on here. But I am just needing some kind advice.

So I am currently reapplying this cycle. I only applied to 4 schools last year due to my MCAT being 4 points below my goal score. My MCAT wasnt horrible but it was just below being really considered competitive. Well last year I received 2 interviews out of the 4 and I was waitlisted at both. So fast forward to now, I am initially planning on retaking the MCAT in August since one school I was rejected from and one that I was waitlisted at stated that that was the weakest point of my application. Therefore, I began studying for the MCAT again in May while working a Full-Time job. I am finding that I am exhausted all the time from constantly jumping from work and studying and it is effecting my test taking ability. So I am considering pulling the plug on taking the MCAT in August and aim to take it next year incase I have to go through the application process again.

P.s. I expanded my net this year applying to more schools and I qualify for all pre-screens on the schools I applied to. I have also drastically increased my work/activities in the past year.

I guess my question is should I keep pushing myself to take the MCAT in August or should I plan to take it next year when I have more time and would therefore remove all the holds on my application due to a pending score?

Members don't see this ad.

What was your MCAT score when you applied this past cycle ? Which schools did you apply to and where were your interviews ? Where is your state of residence ? What are your sGPA and cGPA ? ECs?

Status
Not open for further replies.