Need rec on good pedi path book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathologic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting a pedi path fellowship in July and have some book fund money to spend befor my current fellowship ends. What's a good comprehensive pedi path book?

Members don't see this ad.

Stocker and Dehner's 3rd edition pedi path is probably the "standard" general pedi path book.(i don't own, i have a much older one)
Husain and Stocker also have a 2011 atlas of pedi path which I have and it seems good for a generalist like me.

Stocker and Dehner's 3rd edition pedi path is probably the "standard" general pedi path book.(i don't own, i have a much older one)
Husain and Stocker also have a 2011 atlas of pedi path which I have and it seems good for a generalist like me.

Stocker; and Joshi is also good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wigglesworth (1996/1998) is actually pretty good for a relatively dated and smaller book, and I remember it being somewhat more readable as a resident. I'm glad someone mentioned it. But, IMO, for a fairly all-inclusive fellowship text I would lean towards what folks have already said -- the latest Potter's (personal preference) or Stocker/Dehner. Also think about what your particular fellowship does or doesn't do a lot of -- such as placenta, fetal autopsies, etc., as that might lead you to or away from a couple of related texts.

Beware that the latest edition (not sure which) of the Stocker and Dehner is missing the appendix with the autopsy weights and measurement tables. I think that the Potter's is a bit more comprehensive and explanatory.

Is there a good recent book dedicated specifically to pediatric surg path signout?

If that's true, then IMO it precludes that edition from being a comprehensive reference text. It's not that you can't get that information from somewhere else, but you shouldn't need to. Frankly, you can get -all- the important information in reference texts from somewhere else -- their utility is in putting it all together in one place, for easy..uh..reference.