need sackler and technion info!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lainy105

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! i just applied to sackler for 2007, and i was wondering if anybody can tell me what scores people who get in there have. I feel like mine aren't competitive enough, so i'm curious where i stand.

I'm also considering of applying to the technion program...anyone know what scores those students have? thanks a lot!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the scores are for Sackler ~27-28
I am not sure about Technion....check out their web sites.

what are you stats? gpa/mcat/etc... israeli schools are usually not a backup plan for not getting into US MD schools... (that is what the islands are for)... i know many people who were accepted to US MD schools (albiet not the highest ranked) that go to the med schools in israel... however, these programs are more likely to look past a subpar MCAT or a subpar GPA if you show them your dedicatioin to the medical field... i know that over 1000 students applied to sackler last year, and their M1 class size is 78 (their largest ever)... i am not sure if they are planning on maintaining a larger class size... usually, it is around 60-65 students.

Members don't see this ad :)
well my MCAT is 27P (9,9,9) and my GPA is a 3.48. This school is definitely my first choice, i know it's pretty competitive to get in, so i have no clue as to what my chances are with my mediocre MCAT. I already sent them my application, and I am not sure what else I can do to strengthen it. they probably won't let me know anything for a while. are you at sackler now?

You have applied very early, which is a good thing (although I don't think they start interviewing until feb, but dont quote me on that). I didn't apply to Sackler until my 2nd semester senior year. I am currently an M1 there. You sound like a pretty competitive applicant for the school. You can feel free to PM if you want to know why I chose an Israeli med school over one in the states.

Oh, and getting off for the Jewish holidays is a great perk. I get all of next week off for Sukkot, and I just got two days off for Yom Kippur. Finally, I don't have to miss class to observe holidays.

QUOTE=lainy105;4215643]well my MCAT is 27P (9,9,9) and my GPA is a 3.48. This school is definitely my first choice, i know it's pretty competitive to get in, so i have no clue as to what my chances are with my mediocre MCAT. I already sent them my application, and I am not sure what else I can do to strengthen it. they probably won't let me know anything for a while. are you at sackler now?[/QUOTE]