ChewyDrop

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2015
Status
Dental Student
My DAT is on oct. 1st.. I am wrapping up reviewing for OC and GC today. I've been practicing PAT generators from boot camp every other day. I have read bio cliff notes once, but I am certain that a lot of topics are fuzzy from my one month hiatus because of summer school. That being said.. I haven't really finished destroyer or math destroyer. The most I have done on destroyer is 22 questions for OC and 75 questions for GC.. as for math destroyer, I've only completed two test. I've also have not touched any of the full length practice test on boot camp. My plan is doing 80 questions per day on destroyer ( 2o question per subject Bio,GC,OC,and QR) and reading one chapter from cliffs or from Feralis notes. I should have everything temporarily completed in 14 day-ish. Which leaves be about 3 weeks to take those 5 practice exams. How does my plan sound guys? Any advice? Oh yea and... school starts for me tomorrow.

Reactions: Alikhan9

Samin23

2+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I waited until the week before my test to take the full-length tests on Bootcamp. That way, any info I got wrong, I could review it and strengthen my weaknesses. Also, I recommend making flashcards (Anki is a great resource) for questions you get wrong or questions you second-guess yourself on and go through ~60 per day (increase this number to about 100 per day as your test gets closer).
Also, I recommend reading through Cliffs in its entirety before beginning biology Destroyer problems

OP
ChewyDrop

ChewyDrop

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I waited until the week before my test to take the full-length tests on Bootcamp. That way, any info I got wrong, I could review it and strengthen my weaknesses. Also, I recommend making flashcards (Anki is a great resource) for questions you get wrong or questions you second-guess yourself on and go through ~60 per day (increase this number to about 100 per day as your test gets closer).
Also, I recommend reading through Cliffs in its entirety before beginning biology Destroyer problems
That sounds like a good idea. Do you recommend reading cliffs or reading Feralis notes instead?

Samin23

2+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
That sounds like a good idea. Do you recommend reading cliffs or reading Feralis notes instead?
both. Cliffs helps with the basics, Feralis goes into a bit more detail. Learning as much biology info possible is the best option because they can ask you almost anything on the exam

okiedokeartichoke

2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I preferred Cliff's over Feralis. Cliff's was easier to digest and make sense. I followed both, but Feralis' notes just seemed like a condensed copy-cat of Cliff's and I did not enjoy using it. It felt like I was reading the same thing twice, but in a more disorganized fashion. Plus, it made me feel overwhelmed just looking at it. I will admit that the A&P section was a tiny bit lacking, so I suggest you either look at Feralis' notes for that section only and/or look at the link I gave you. I ended up ditching Feralis halfway. I encourage you to form your own opinion though because you might prefer Feralis > Cliff's, who knows? Take a gander at both and feel for which one you are more comfortable with. Be sure to supplement Cliff's with Bootcamp and Destroyer though!

Edit: It might also be worth looking at Feralis' taxonomy cheat sheet. That was the bomb-digs.

Reactions: asdf99

Samin23

2+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
[QUOTE="okiedokeartichoke, post: 18072202, member: 704626"
Edit: It might also be worth looking at Feralis' taxonomy cheat sheet. That was the bomb-digs.[/QUOTE]

This. The taxonomy sheet is a life-saver