Need some advice on schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trowa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I am writing hoping to get advice from some people who may know something about NYMC, Upstate, and Tufts. I just received an acceptance to NYMC(I'm so excited, I don't have to reapply) and I am on the waiting list for Tufts and HPL for SUNY Upstate. I'd figure I have a good shot of getting into both schools, so I guess I have to decide which one I would go to just in case. I was wondering if people coould give some input.
Between NYMC and Tufts: Both are expensive and I know Tufts has a good reputation (reputation is not important to me), but I do want to get into a good residency program, both schools seem comparable to me, any ideas?

Now if it came down to Upstate and NYMC, what do you guys think? Is NYMC worth the extra tuition? I mean, if they are both comparable,, going where the tuition is cheaper is the obvious thing to do. Any advice would be appreciated, Thank-you.

Members don't see this ad.

i don't know about Upstate.

but between NYMC and Tufts, besides the reputation aspect of the dilemma, Tufts has the better location, in my opinion.

which matters a lot to some and not at all for others...

i don't know about Upstate.

but between NYMC and Tufts, besides the reputation aspect of the dilemma, Tufts has the better location, in my opinion.

which matters a lot to some and not at all for others...

Members don't see this ad :)
I would choose Tufts over NYMC because it will give you more options later on, and it is in a better location (trust me, I grew up in Westchester and went to school near Boston :wink: )....although it would be cool to do rotations in NYC. Tufts has a greater reputation, though. (By the way, there's nothing wrong with Valhalla, but a city is a city....I've never actually been to Valhalla, but where I grew up, it was a pretty suburban type place nearby)

Between Upstate and NYMC, I think they are pretty equivalent as far as reputation goes, but I'm guessing upstate would be much cheaper. In that situation, go where you would be happiest (and if less debt makes you happy, so be it :wink: )

I am in Trowa's situation now as well.
I have to choose between Tufts, NYMC, and Downstate since I withdrew from Finch.

If money wasn't an issue for you, where would YOU GO?

Thanks,

John