Hello my non-trad friends! At the end of this year (after fall in 2011) I will only need ochem2 to complete my pre-req's. my overall gpa should be ~3.14, up from a 2.87 with around 47 total credit hours in my postbac. I'll probably be at ~3.2ish once I complete my pre-reqs in the spring. I think I'm somewhat hosed for DO because my 2.87 is a solid C/B average across the board so grade replacement is not really feasible. Plus, I want to go MD, however I am open to listening/reading links as to why I shouldn't. The question I have is, should I take a light spring load and focus on studying for the MCAT at that point or should I just continue on through with GPA repair until I get to a respectable level (not sure what a respectable level is but assuming at least 3.4) and then study/take the MCAT? I calculate the following gpa improvements: after another year (spring 2012), I'll be at 3.37 and the year after that, (spring 2013) I will be at 3.47, at which, presumably I can throw in another 2-3 classes during winter intersessions to hit 3.5. My in-state school says to go ahead and take the mcat and apply after my pre-req's are done and they will weigh it more heavily, but there is only one in-state school so that would in effect be putting my eggs in one basket if I start off an app cycle. I could, however, just apply to the one school and nothing else (I would be fine with that if I got accepted and if I dont, they claim to not hold previous applications against you other than ask what you've done to improve since then). SMP seems risky since in the time it takes to apply and complete one I could just as easily raise my GPA through currently less risky means. Biochem and genetics are the classes that are still "leftovers" after my pre-reqs which I could conceivably take in the spring, creating a semester of biochem, genetics, ochem 2 and undergrad research at 15ish hours. The way I am leaning now is to take the MCAT after the spring and hope schools weigh the post-bacc credit hours plus A LOT more heavily than my previous bachelor's degree (completed over 15 years ago). So in summary and assuming my EC's are about average for a pre-med (not counting my non-trad stuff which probably have some wow factor but it's too hard to measure, much less depend on), which should I do: take a lighter load in the spring, complete the last pre-req while studying for the MCAT only apply to the in-state school since my gpa is still low formally and broadly blast a complete application cycle take a medium load (genetics, biochem w/lab, ochem w/lab, and undergrad research at 15ish hours as well as study for the MCAT w/prep course and volunteering ~4hrs/week). formally and broadly blast a complete application cycle Do a medium load as listed in previous bullet, but wait a while for gpa repair to show its effects, then apply broadly. ignore the MCAT for now, take a heavy load in the spring, continue with gpa repair when would be a good time to stop the gpa repair? after this spring! (@3.21) in 1 year (@3.37)? in 2 years(@3.47)? note: after 2 years i start hitting diminishing returns. Help me oh great oracles! Thanks! Love, NuttyEngDude ps - please excuse any irreverent tone if it does so appear.