Need some good advice...NBME scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UniqueDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a tough situation.

NBME 3: 350 (194) July 3rd
NBME 6: 370(196) July 13th
NBME 7: 390(199) July 23rd
!
As you can see, I'm steadily improving in the NBMEs and not dropping, which I'm very thankful. I feel like I'm capable of so much more than this. I was always one of the top students and do not get why I am scoring so low, after such hard work. I have been doing 8hrs a day or so for the last 2 months..finished Uworld, did first aid 2 times, read over kaplan notes one time.

My exam is supposed to be in one week. This is the third time I delayed it. What do? Is there something I'm just not doing right? 8 weeks is a very long time and I feel so burnt out now..I feel like I can't delay any longer but I really want to get a higher score...aiming for 220 on the step. Help please??

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, Kaplan is a waste of time...far too dense and not very representative of the material on the exam. I'd say go through first aid one more time, slowly...really comprehend what you're reading in the book and do UWorld questions. Usually I'd say it's best to do UWorld on the timed/random format, but if you want to get your score up quickly, i'd advise doing 2 or 3 First Aid chapters, then doing the relevant questions in UWorld (timed). And most importantly, read the explanations for questions you got wrong AND correct. You should be aiming to get at least a 50-60% average in UWorld for a score around 220. Depending on how far you want to push your test back will determine how much of UWorld you get through again...maybe shoot for getting through 50% of it one more time. I think this would be reasonable and something you could do well in less than 2 weeks. Good Luck.