Need some help about license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sebsid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, I hope much, you can help me. I couldn't find any information about drug reselling licenses. Could you please tell me what organisations in the USA are responsible for that? Is there any chapter in local state laws ( for different states) about drug reselling license. etc. Please help me! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I might be able to help. As with most things pharmacy related, state laws apply. I'm not really clear on what you mean by reseller, but I'll tell you what I know. In CA, the laws which apply to this are many, but some are regulated by the State Board of Pharmacy. Each "nonresident wholesaler" is licensed by the Board & requires any person located outside CA that ships, mails, or delivers dangerous drugs (all drugs) into this state must be licensed. A separate license is required for each place of business owned or operated by a nonresident wholesaler. At the time of initial licensing & within 30 days of any change, specific information must be registered with the Board: a) the agent for service of process b) the principal corporate officers c) the general partners d) the owners of not a corporation or partnership & e) the designated representative-in-charge. They must post a surety bond of $100,000 for each site licensed (unless their annual gross receipts are less than $10 milllion). In addition, by 2007, they must be able to document an electronic "pedigree" which will contain information on each transaction resulting in a change of ownership of a given drug from sale by manufacturer through acquisition & sale by a wholesaler until final sale to a pharmacy or other person. This is just the licensing requirements - there are a slew of other laws - so start with the State Board of Pharmacy for each state. IMO - you'll have a tough time competing with the big guns in wholesale distribution! Its a whole different thing from being a pharmacy & wanting to sell to folks in other states - could that have been what you wanted (ie internet pharmacy)?????