need some help/advice?

Started by aggiedg02
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aggiedg02

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need to send a letter to a school to withdrawl my letter of intent because I have gotten in to my 1st school of choice. Does anyone have any ideas in what to put in a letter? I know there are people out there who have said "yes" to many schools and then go back and tell them "no".
 
aggiedg02 said:
I need to send a letter to a school to withdrawl my letter of intent because I have gotten in to my 1st school of choice. Does anyone have any ideas in what to put in a letter? I know there are people out there who have said "yes" to many schools and then go back and tell them "no".

I just simply said I am withdrawing my application because I will be attending school XXXX. Thank you for all the help during the admissions process.
Signed.
I think this is sufficient
 
I would just give the school a call. There is no sense in beating around the bush. It is a good professional skill to have to be able to tell people what you want. The school is not going to take it personally if you reject them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aggiedg02 said:
I need to send a letter to a school to withdrawl my letter of intent because I have gotten in to my 1st school of choice. Does anyone have any ideas in what to put in a letter? I know there are people out there who have said "yes" to many schools and then go back and tell them "no".

Aggie, was UT your first choice? Where else did you get into?

See you in the fall.........
 
Frank, I also got into UH. At the time I hadn't heard from UT.....

Did you do your undergrad at UT?
 
Frank - yes I am very excited to be a Longhorn. I never thought I would hear those words come out of my mouth! 😱
 
So from your user name it seems you are from Texas A&M? And you are going to become a longhorn now? Cool 👍 I'm glad you decided to switch sides :laugh: Congratulations!