Need some help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, wonderful network u have here. Glad to join.

I really hate for my first thread to be a S.O.S :) but I rally need some help and couldn't find a better place online.

U see, i'm a foreign pharmacy graduate, and I want to get my U.S license. i'm evaluating my options.

from what I understand so far I can either apply for fpgec or I can attend the international pharm.d program at NSU.

Which option u guys recommend? I'm interested in retail and clinical jobs ( I may choose to do residency pgy1) which option will help me find a job easier and make me a more attractive candidate?

I know job market isn't exactly glowing these days that's why I tend to prefer the international pharm.d program, what advice u have for me?

What are the requirements for going with each choice?

If it matters, I don't really care about payment, I became a pharmacist cause I like the field.

Sorry if I asked too much.

Happy new year for u all, wish u all the best.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Mike I would advice you go for the NSU, just learnt about it from you.
Am a foreign graduate, its taken me 3 years to complete the various steps.
The four different exams and 10 months of internship. If I had known about the NSU programme I would have gone for it.
You would come out with a pharm D and easy access to the system. I am still job hunting even though I got my license 3months ago. I noticed that some of those that would graduate in may 2014 already have jobs waiting for them.
which state are you located in? I doubt if such opportunity exist in Texas.
All the best.

Reactions: 1 user
The four different exams and 10 months of internship. If I had known about the NSU programme I would have gone for it.
You would come out with a pharm D and easy access to the system. I am still job hunting even though I got my license 3months ago. I noticed that some of those that would graduate in may 2014 already have jobs waiting for them.
All the best.

Thnxxxx, like I said I tend to go for nsu myself.

I'm planning on moving to Texas after I finish the program but if i'm gonna attend the program i'm gonna have to stay in Florida for a while.

Thnxx again for answering.

Members don't see this ad :)
All the best.

Thnxxxx, like I said I tend to go for nsu myself.

I'm planning on moving to Texas after I finish the program but if i'm gonna attend the program i'm gonna have to stay in Florida for a while.

Thnxx again for answering.

Honestly the market is saturated and many of us cannot find work. I have been a pharmacist in the US for 17 years. I have no will to help the foreign trained because they are a threat to an already horrifying situation. I am here for the US students who I feel have been mislead. My heart is with them. I welcome you to the US of course but not to add to our burden. Sorry. Have a happy new year.

Thnx for your honesty, well i'm gonna be a US student technically since i'm gonna attend a pharm.d program at a US accredited school. But I heard a lot about the surplus which is starting to worry me. I don't want to spend 100Gs to get stuck with student loans and struggle to find a job, it's really confusing me. Some old pharmacists I met told me people exaggerate the matter (a little). At least pharmacy isn't the attractive field it was 10 or 15 years ago and most students realize that. I donno how the job market will be by the time I graduate (after 4 years) but I prefer to take calculated steps. I may consider another profession, but I truly like being a pharmacist.

Happy new year 4 u.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard all health care professions, M.D, dentistry .... etc are experiencing a surplus as well, how true is that?