Need some input

Started by Bevo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a fmg at ross.

Im currently on my surgery rotation. My last core is obgyn and its setup to start after surgery.

I'm thinking of doing this in order to take a kaplan review course.

Move obgyn back to december `06
from 5/29 to 6/16 = 3 weeks of infectious disease
6/19 to 7/7 = 3 weeks off
7/10 to 7/28 = GI elec for 3 weeks
7/31 to 8/18 = Heme/onc elec for 3 weeks
8/21 to 9/1 = off, plan on taking step 2 ck then
9/4 start next elective...trying to get a local rads rotation at st francis or cook in chicago.

Kaplan starts 6/18 till 7/30

Yes? No?


thanks
 
First of all, I would recommend contacting a faculty advisor at your university for advice about m4 schedule rotation. From what I have heard from M4's who have matched, it is best to do your radiology elective early - probably before september.

Also, depending on your Step 1 score, you might want to consider taking Step 2 earlier.

Bevo said:
I'm a fmg at ross.

Im currently on my surgery rotation. My last core is obgyn and its setup to start after surgery.

I'm thinking of doing this in order to take a kaplan review course.

Move obgyn back to december `06
from 5/29 to 6/16 = 3 weeks of infectious disease
6/19 to 7/7 = 3 weeks off
7/10 to 7/28 = GI elec for 3 weeks
7/31 to 8/18 = Heme/onc elec for 3 weeks
8/21 to 9/1 = off, plan on taking step 2 ck then
9/4 start next elective...trying to get a local rads rotation at st francis or cook in chicago.

Kaplan starts 6/18 till 7/30

Yes? No?


thanks
 
dont got a faculty advisor or any advisor. Haven't received much advice from the local radiologist where I did my medicine rotation. Been trying to get advice from friends who have matched and from here and aunt minnie.

got a step 1 of 233, planning on taking step 2 in late august to 1st week of september.

Already decided on my summer electives and I'll be taking a 2nd rads elecive in september.

thanks for the reply though