Need some major advice with Physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LUBDUBB

Freakaholic
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently taking Physics I at Penn, Professor is awesome, he makes physics sooo easy. However, his exams are very very difficult; Best case scenario, I get a B or B- , which brings my overall GPA from a 3.5 to a 3.47. Worse, my sci gpa drops from a 3.45 to a 3.40 (I've already graduated and Physics I and II are my last classes).

Should I take the W in this class (it would be my only W), and retake the class at another school, say Temple, where it might be easier or should I just suffer the casualties (perhaps a C+).

If I do drop this class, I can't apply to med school next summer, I would have to delay the process by one year, which can't be all that bad considering I have no clinicals.

I know it may sound ridiculous stressing over a B-/C+; as my advisor once told me, "If the difference between an A or a B in this class i going to keep you from getting in to med school, then you're other grades are probably not high enough"
After a 2.6gpa freshman year, I pulled it up to a 3.5 by graduation, thats why I'm stressing :)

I would appreciate some advice??

Thank You,

Lubdubb

Members don't see this ad.

I would go ahead and finish. Sounds like you must have had a huge upward trend in your grades to pull up a year of 2.6. It will be okay, and you don't want to give up a whole year for one grade. I have a couple C's and I'm still getting interviews with a 3.4 (granted in engineering, but still.) You also have that maturity/out of school thing going for you too. I am also in the same boat and the adcoms love it.