Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I just needed a bit of perspective from all you wonderful people. Now please be honest. I just recently graduated from The University of Kansas with a B.S. in Microbiology. Having said that, it took me a good 7 years to complete. The first 4 years (haha)
I took a bunch of random courses and had my GPA dip to a low of about 2.5. After a brief 1 semester off, I did alot of soul searching and re-enrolled to finish out my school career. For the next three years, I raised my GPA up to a 3.17 with a science GPA of 3.38. (It was gonna be a lot higher but my last semester, I recieved all A's except for a D in Biochemestry II, douche bag teacher IMO) So, after I graduated, I moved out to Northern California because my aunt hooked me up with a job at Walgreens in the Pharmacy. So I've been working in the pharmacy for about 2 weeks now. That brings me up to now.
Now, for the future, I've enrolled in a volunteer service called Mobile Food Corp, and plan on volunteering for a sustantial amount of time; I plan on getting my PTCB certification and my Pharm Tech licsense. I'm pretty sure I can score a decent letter of rec from the supervising pharmacists and hopefully can get one from my anatomy teacher that I taught for. For the PCAT, I don't know if I should take it or not since I'll be applying to schools mostly in California. I am also thinking about applying to Pacific Oregon so I dont' think I should have to take the PCAT.
Given my current situation, do you guys think that I have a decent chance of being competitive for Pharmacy school by the time the deadlines roll around for Fall of 10? Feedback with honest perspectives are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
I took a bunch of random courses and had my GPA dip to a low of about 2.5. After a brief 1 semester off, I did alot of soul searching and re-enrolled to finish out my school career. For the next three years, I raised my GPA up to a 3.17 with a science GPA of 3.38. (It was gonna be a lot higher but my last semester, I recieved all A's except for a D in Biochemestry II, douche bag teacher IMO) So, after I graduated, I moved out to Northern California because my aunt hooked me up with a job at Walgreens in the Pharmacy. So I've been working in the pharmacy for about 2 weeks now. That brings me up to now.Now, for the future, I've enrolled in a volunteer service called Mobile Food Corp, and plan on volunteering for a sustantial amount of time; I plan on getting my PTCB certification and my Pharm Tech licsense. I'm pretty sure I can score a decent letter of rec from the supervising pharmacists and hopefully can get one from my anatomy teacher that I taught for. For the PCAT, I don't know if I should take it or not since I'll be applying to schools mostly in California. I am also thinking about applying to Pacific Oregon so I dont' think I should have to take the PCAT.
Given my current situation, do you guys think that I have a decent chance of being competitive for Pharmacy school by the time the deadlines roll around for Fall of 10? Feedback with honest perspectives are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!