Need Step 1, 2, AND 3 to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedicineForLife 777

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. So I started looking into the application requirements for a cardiology fellowship for this application year, and I noticed that a lot of programs list Step 1, 2, and 3 transcripts. Does that mean that they all generally want us to have taken Step 3 with the score in by the application deadline as well? Or are they generally ok with just Step 1 and 2? Thanks for any responses in advance! 🙂
 
I took Step 3 deep into the application process. Only 1 program (NYU) asked for it. Duke's website says they require it, but they never asked.
 
I venture to say no one cares, as long as you eventually get them the score (and pass comfortably of course). I didn't have my Step 3 when I submitted my ERAS application because it was back in the day of earlier fellowship match. When I got my score it served as a convenient excuse to contact my programs of interest for the favorable update.