MedicineForLife 777

10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hi everyone. So I started looking into the application requirements for a cardiology fellowship for this application year, and I noticed that a lot of programs list Step 1, 2, and 3 transcripts. Does that mean that they all generally want us to have taken Step 3 with the score in by the application deadline as well? Or are they generally ok with just Step 1 and 2? Thanks for any responses in advance! :)

HarryGary

7+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I took Step 3 deep into the application process. Only 1 program (NYU) asked for it. Duke's website says they require it, but they never asked.

OP
MedicineForLife 777

MedicineForLife 777

10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Thanks for the response! Do they generally prefer that we have taken it? Or do they generally not care either way?

dadr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
Status
I venture to say no one cares, as long as you eventually get them the score (and pass comfortably of course). I didn't have my Step 3 when I submitted my ERAS application because it was back in the day of earlier fellowship match. When I got my score it served as a convenient excuse to contact my programs of interest for the favorable update.