Need suggestions on FP programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angry Mouse

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In answer to your question, good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Angry Mouse said:
Can someone suggest unopposed FP programs which have great ER training? I'd like to feel comfortable handling both acute and chronic cases.

Either a dual FP/ER program, or UT-Knoxville which also offers an FP fellowship in ER.

Quincy, Illinois has a dually-accredited unapposed FP residency with an emphasis in ER. Quincy, a town of about 45,000, is considered a rural residency, and serves a large area. They specialize in lots of different procedures, and ALL call is in the ER. It is a typical 3 year FP residency, but, especially because of the unique call schedule, it has a heavier emphasis in the ER. Great education in a smaller, Mid-west town.....if that's what you're looking for.

Members don't see this ad :)
there are several fp residencies in tx were you can moonlight in some of the smaller er's in the area. this will give you that er experience you desire. some of the unopposed programs there focus on er as well. sorry dont know exactly which ones. good luck..

ventura county medical ctr in california. residents run all traumas, staff the er 24/7 and all become atls instructors. probably the best fp residency in the country. also includes high risk operative ob, etc.

Ha emedpa, I was waiting got you to say that. :D IT should be part of your signature.

I imagine that one fine rank day you will place Ventura County as No 1....