Need urgent advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phoenix1186

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an incomplete attempt in step 1 and have recently received my score for the second attempt. Its not what i had expected. Its only 238. Im devastated. Is this the end of the road for me? Pls give ur honest opinions. Should i stop now?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an incomplete attempt in step 1 and have recently received my score for the second attempt. Its not what i had expected. Its only 238. Im devastated. Is this the end of the road for me? Pls give ur honest opinions. Should i stop now?

Really?

1298032_o.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
why would you stop? Why do you have an incomplete attempt in the first place? did you freak out?
I had gastroenteritis. The NBME allowed me to reapply for a reduced fee. I have a letter from the NBME stating about my illness. I gave my cs recently and expect the result in june.

You have got to be joking.

:diebanana: :diebanana: :diebanana:

see a psychiatrist. This is an excessive emotional reaction (devastation) to a favorable stimulus (238). btw you have no chance at plastics/derm.

see a psychiatrist. This is an excessive emotional reaction (devastation) to a favorable stimulus (238). btw you have no chance at plastics/derm.

Iam devastated coz my nbmes were in the 250 to 265 range. I messed up the exam coz of anxiety. I dont want plastic or derm. Looking for IM residency. But i have doubts i would get interviews. Also, there is no fixed agenda for Step 2 CK. I have been seeing on the net. Some say Kaplan is a must, others say its not. MTB and UWorld are the only things ppl swear by. FA is not popular with CK prep. Any say on this?

Iam devastated coz my nbmes were in the 250 to 265 range. I messed up the exam coz of anxiety. I dont want plastic or derm. Looking for IM residency. But i have doubts i would get interviews. Also, there is no fixed agenda for Step 2 CK. I have been seeing on the net. Some say Kaplan is a must, others say its not. MTB and UWorld are the only things ppl swear by. FA is not popular with CK prep. Any say on this?

I am so sorry for your anxiety, networking and out of match route is open to you.
Some programs might perceive it as a badge of honour that you showed persistence
End of the road is when your ECG goes flat, when there is a will there is a way.
If you really decide to demonstrate contraception techniques to kids in front of white house and ask lady Gaga to be your partner, you can do that!
If wrights brother were thinking like you, there was no plane to fly today! Keep going! You are MD WITH ECFMG, no one can stop you anymore

BTW what is MTB stands for?

I am so sorry for your anxiety, networking and out of match route is open to you.
Some programs might perceive it as a badge of honour that you showed persistence
End of the road is when your ECG goes flat, when there is a will there is a way.
If you really decide to demonstrate contraception techniques to kids in front of white house and ask lady Gaga to be your partner, you can do that!
If wrights brother were thinking like you, there was no plane to fly today! Keep going! You are MD WITH ECFMG, no one can stop you anymore

BTW what is MTB stands for?

MTB stands for master the boards. Thanks for the encouragement.