Need your advice/opinions please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crewsro

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need advice, sorta in a pickle, prompt responses appretiated So here’s what‘s going on….(oh, and sorry in advance for the long post)
I was not expecting to be licensed until August, as I had to wait for another state to transfer my intern hours. Most everyone I’ve talked to from my school to be licensed in AL have either already taken theirs or will in the next few weeks. I just recently received my ATT number and found that there’s a possibility that I can take the tests and get licensed in July. Currently I’m set to take them on July 8th and 12th.

Here’s where my problem comes in, I’ve been sort of procrastinating studying because I thought I would have an additional month. I’m starting to freak out because I don’t know if a week and a half is gonna be enough time to study. All I’ve looked at so far is my Pharmaceutical Calculations book and very briefly glanced at APhA’s website pharmpreponline. Tonight I will start the APhA book. I was always a crammer during school and managed to make it through pharmacy school by practically only studying the night before exams. But at this point, I’m a little anxious, because I don’t know if I’ll have enough time to prepare, seeing as I haven’t started yet.

So what do you guys think. Can I make it? I know to focus on top 200, brand/generic, unique dosage forms, calculations, some OTC stuff. Other than that, if anyone has anything to add, that would be very helpful. I would love to hear your comments (and the sooner the better seeing as the clock is ticking)
smile.gif

If you would please post how much time you put into studying and whether you think it was not enough/perfect/too much.

Also, did anyone use the old Flynn stuff to study with??? I have some of his notes, but I dont know if I should look at them since they've changed the exam.

Thank you all

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's going to be hard for anyone to tell you yes or no... it truly depends on your studying habits/ study quality, etc. I studied forever and still feel like I wasn't prepared. But if you have a track record of doing well under pressure... why not? Depends on how you feel though.

You could try taking the pre-Naplex and see how you do on it without studying. THat will give you a baseline. Everyone that I personally know who has taken it ended up getting a higher score than pre-Naplex predicted.

At our school's board review they told us " do not change your study habits for the naplex! " So if you are a crammer, then do what you do and I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't be overwhelmed by the APhA book. Just study the drug parts of the chapters.

Need advice, sorta in a pickle, prompt responses appretiated So here’s what‘s going on….(oh, and sorry in advance for the long post)
I was not expecting to be licensed until August, as I had to wait for another state to transfer my intern hours. Most everyone I’ve talked to from my school to be licensed in AL have either already taken theirs or will in the next few weeks. I just recently received my ATT number and found that there’s a possibility that I can take the tests and get licensed in July. Currently I’m set to take them on July 8th and 12th.

Here’s where my problem comes in, I’ve been sort of procrastinating studying because I thought I would have an additional month. I’m starting to freak out because I don’t know if a week and a half is gonna be enough time to study. All I’ve looked at so far is my Pharmaceutical Calculations book and very briefly glanced at APhA’s website pharmpreponline. Tonight I will start the APhA book. I was always a crammer during school and managed to make it through pharmacy school by practically only studying the night before exams. But at this point, I’m a little anxious, because I don’t know if I’ll have enough time to prepare, seeing as I haven’t started yet.

So what do you guys think. Can I make it? I know to focus on top 200, brand/generic, unique dosage forms, calculations, some OTC stuff. Other than that, if anyone has anything to add, that would be very helpful. I would love to hear your comments (and the sooner the better seeing as the clock is ticking)
smile.gif

If you would please post how much time you put into studying and whether you think it was not enough/perfect/too much.

Also, did anyone use the old Flynn stuff to study with??? I have some of his notes, but I dont know if I should look at them since they've changed the exam.

Thank you all

I would give youself atleast another week. When you took exams in pharmacy school, the material you were being tested on was limited and you knew what exactly would be covered on an exam. But for naplex it could be anything and everything. I would not risk it. I took the exam this week and i thought it was really hard. I studied for about 4-5 weeks for naplex and in pharmacy school i would start studying couple of days before the exam.