Needed Usmle Scores For Pathology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemamr

PGY2
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:) Hi, i know many of you in this forum are AMG, i´m an IMG (and i need a visa, too), i´m interested in pathology,

my question is what minimum scores (at least) would i need to be competitive or to be sure i will match in pathology??? i don´t care if it´s not a renowned program.

thank you guys ;)

Members don't see this ad.

We've posted about this many times - I suggest looking back through old posts to see if you can find it. But the only minimum score is passing. Board scores are part of the application and are important but the rest of your application can make them irrelevant as long as you pass. For many programs though they look for a score >200 if not higher. But you are not going to find a specific number because it doesn't exist.

thank you yaah, i appreciate it. i´ll review in detail the old posts.

I'm an IMG too. A lot of programs do have a cut off score, albeit informally. Less than 85% applicants, they threw out, above 85 they looked at. These are for the average/above average places. Then there's the rest who yes have no minimal scores and as long as u passed they'll look at you. If you check on websites u can find that info, or call the secretary of programs directly.

Good luck!