Negative non-supportive partner

Nostalgiaultra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So lately, my girlfriend and I have been on a rocky road. I know she means no harm but everything turns into a fight with her. Just recently, a guy randomly messaged her on fb and when i confronted him she took his side. We've been together 7 months and I really think she's the one, but I can not stand the arguing. What can I do or say.

It's really hard for us to give you any advice with such little information.

However...the biggest red flag here to me is that you somehow know what's going on on her Facebook page and feel it's appropriate for you to "confront" someone else for having the audacity to talk to your girlfriend...

Reactions: 2 users
Your insecurities will destroy everything you hold dear if you don't get them under control. And any relationship where "everything turns into a fight" will ultimately end badly, so cut your losses unless you like the idea of paying alimony and child support someday.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So lately, my girlfriend and I have been on a rocky road. I know she means no harm but everything turns into a fight with her. Just recently, a guy randomly messaged her on fb and when i confronted him she took his side. We've been together 7 months and I really think she's the one, but I can not stand the arguing. What can I do or say.

Seven months is not enough time to know if anyone is "the one," and if you're already fighting over things as petty as facebook messages and "confronting" her male acquaintances then you're not emotionally mature enough for a long term relationship yet. You need to step aside from the relationship and resolve your own issues before you try to get hitched to anyone else.

Reactions: 1 user

You are in the wrong here. It's just a Facebook message, calm down.

If everything turns into a fight and you've only been together for 7 months I think it may be best to be done with it now.

Reactions: 1 users
Just enjoy yourself man. Dont worry about this the one sh1t. It's only in movies. There are literally billions of girls prettier, more caring, and just as suitable for you if not more. That is to say, there are probably 1000s of "the ones".

My advice to you would be to stay in it as long as you're happy moments with that person in the next few weeks outweigh your stressful/unnecessary drama moments. If they outnumber the good times, never be afraid to walk away.There's plenty of girls out there man. I don't mean to crap on your relationship but thats my advice to any young man in your situation

Reactions: 1 user
Insecurities will kill ANY relationship, just takes time.

It's kind of like someone that holds onto things rather than letting them go as they occur. After so long of holding onto things, they build up and they hit the explosion phase, which will usually kill the relationship. If you can't trust her and need to confront people that message her, have you ever thought that the issue might be on you and not so much as her fault?

Has she done anything in the past to cause you to be as insecure as you sound? What makes you think that she is the "one" after 7 months and all this is happening? Successful couples will ALWAYS have the bad times, but usually the good times outweigh them and they work out their kinks.