Nelnet acquires Great Lakes

Started by microtome
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

microtome

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone having issues with IBR re: Nelnet's acquisition of Great Lakes? I recertified my IBR back in Jan 2019 through Nelnet and was quoted about 2100 per month which is appropriate for my salary as a relatively new attending physician. In Feb 2019 Nelnet transferred my student loans to Great Lakes during their acquisition of the company, and now Great Lakes is quoting me a monthly payment of 4100 which is not 15% of my woeful hospitalist discretionary income. It seems as if they have completely reneged on my IBR recertification, and, of course, they are not open on the weekend, so I will have to wait til Monday to address this.

I had no issues with Nelnet while I was with them. Things are not starting off well with Great Lakes