Neonatology as a DO?

Started by osteobro
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

osteobro

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this I'll delete it if so. I was just curious about how difficult it would be getting into neonatology coming from a DO school. I was looking at the fellowships in my midwestern home state and was a bit discouraged to not see one DO in any of the 4 programs in the state.

Edit: My OP was wrong someone PM'd me and helped me out, one of the four programs does have DO's that I missed and the others have taken them in the past
 
Last edited:
There are lots and lots of DO neonatologists and have been for decades. Not sure why you didn't see any in your home state, but there are plenty. There MAY be a few programs that prefer MD over DO, but most don't. Do well and you'll match into neo without any trouble.
 
There are lots and lots of DO neonatologists and have been for decades. Not sure why you didn't see any in your home state, but there are plenty. There MAY be a few programs that prefer MD over DO, but most don't. Do well and you'll match into neo without any trouble.
Great to hear thank you