NERB Patient Screening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Turtleshell

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How are you supposed to screen patients for the exam if you live elsewhere?

How does everyone else do it?

I'm taking the exam in NY in August, I'm currently licensed in another state. I have a friend there screening patients for me... but I can't exactly wander into a board exam without ever having probed a perio pocket on the patient!

So where am I supposed to be able to do that kind of thing? Am I supposed to be flying patients across the country or something? Because that sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

I have a trip planned to NY next month to meet the patients and everything, but there isn't anywhere I can do even a quick exam. Please let me know if you have any advice! Thank you!!
 
How are you supposed to screen patients for the exam if you live elsewhere?

How does everyone else do it?

I'm taking the exam in NY in August, I'm currently licensed in another state. I have a friend there screening patients for me... but I can't exactly wander into a board exam without ever having probed a perio pocket on the patient!

So where am I supposed to be able to do that kind of thing? Am I supposed to be flying patients across the country or something? Because that sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

I have a trip planned to NY next month to meet the patients and everything, but there isn't anywhere I can do even a quick exam. Please let me know if you have any advice! Thank you!!


Yeah it is tough, I had to pay my patients as well. This i thought was not fair since we are willing to give them a free service.